Varieties of hosting services
A hosting solution entails saving and/or sharing given web content on a hosting server managed by a hosting supplier. There are various classes of hosting services used for various aims, so let's take a glance at them. Doing so, you can pick what you need, on the basis of whether you desire to have a weblog, email address accounts, or to share files with pals and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by various file storage providers, which enables you to share immense files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage accounts are frequently supported by displaying adverts by the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a certain interval of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you get a paid file storage plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a completely improper explanation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would split the load between separate stacks of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different web page hosting services (email, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, web space hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is just a brand of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; given companies provide a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting variant is suitable if you want to share an enormous number of images with mates or partners since the solution is generally free of charge. You will get a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to tackling your e-mail addresses. Some suppliers provide webspace hosting services for sites, but do not supply an email solution. If you would like to manage a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to possess a website, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can set up email address accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of availing of this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video file brings about a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of videos and a few hundred site visitors, you may have difficulty with your web site hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will enable you to utilize as many videos as you would like without bothering about system quotas.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to run a web site. To some extent, it embodies all of the abovementioned hosting varieties since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and e-mail box accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At GLEAHON, for instance, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated server hosting solutions that permit you to get all of the abovementioned services in one single location. There may be limitations based on the type of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your site hosting account may be better or worse compared to the common e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are designed for specific web content only.